How to Prevent COVID-19 at Workplaces
Due to the easing of the lockdown, which was imposed to stop the spread of the COVID-19, many businesses and companies have resumed operation. The onus, therefore, lies on employers to ensure that necessary safety measures are put in place and adhered to.
- Workplace should be hygienic and clean. All surfaces should be disinfected regularly.
- Employers should ensure that the temperature of each worker is checked every day as they resume to work. This will help to confirm their health status.
- Regular handwashing should be promoted among employees, customers and contractors. This is important to prevent infections. For this to be possible, they must have access to where they can wash their hands.
- There should be provision of alcohol-based hand sanitisers situated in prominent places around the workplace for workers and visitors to rub their hands.
- Wearing of face masks and the use of tissues should be made compulsory. Workers should be taught how to use facemasks and tissues and dispose of it properly.
- Physical contact should not be allowed. All workers should maintain social distancing and communicate virtually.
- Signs showing safety measures such as handwashing, the use of facemasks, etc. should be displayed to constantly remind employees and visitors of the steps to be taken to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Workers, customers and employees should be regularly briefed on new developments regarding the virus.